Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blessings in disguise.

First thing first. I had to thank my friend Qintara for making me a count down to birthday card. I received this photo on Thursday. Seems like everyone's getting into iPhone photo application, but it's very awesome:


I will be honest. I'm not a birthday person - meaning I never very excited about my birthday after I turned 21. And this year, I sorta just wanted it to be over as quickly as possible.

So, yesterday was my 24th birthday. The day itself started out well. I finished the first draft of my thesis, from the first until the fifth chapter plus an intervention program guideline at 01:30 am. I had 2 friends who kept me accompanied during the writing process and they were very excited to be the first person who says Happy Birthday to Yooou! via IM (thank you Peach and RGH!). Finally, I fell asleep at 02:00 am.

I woke up in the morning feeling stiff and sleepy and without thinking took a glass of coffee. I attended a 2-hours meeting at the office before I went to the school giving this thesis progress to my advisor. It wasn't until I got to school when my colleagues asked me to go to the karaoke. I actually wasn't expecting to do anything that night because Mondays are typically my crash-the-second-I-get-home day. On my way back to the office, I decided to get a cup of coffee. Damn you sleepy eyes!


Let me say that I didn't take any of my own pics last night and I couldn't try to give you an idea of how great the night was. We went to the karaoke at 06:30 pm until 09:00 pm. The fourteen of us sang, screamed, danced, and yelled to each other for more than 2 hours. It was a nice birthday, not just because I have the best family and friends, but also because I was spoiled by all my colleagues. This made my birthday this year was truly special. Well honestly, I know birthdays are specials - I'm just not a birthday person, but I know birthdays are specials. I think the 25th year is going to turn out pretty awesome after all. More coffee please..

♥, Me.

0 comments: